Abyssal Ascension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape 3 Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lore with Nor': World Events I and II

Go down 

Are there any benelovent gods/godesses in Gilenor?
Of course! Saradomin knows what is right!
Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_lcap100%Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Yes, and I sympathize with what Armadyl had to do.
Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_lcap0%Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
There was, but then Sliske killed him.
Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_lcap0%Lore with Nor': World Events I and II I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
If we ever see the light of Seren again, there may be.
 0% [ 0 ]
Perhaps, but not these fools who weaken each other...
 0% [ 0 ]
No. There are only those stronger than others.
 0% [ 0 ]
They're all destroying Gilenor! None of them are good!
 0% [ 0 ]
Marimbo and Brassica Prime seem nice enough to me.
 0% [ 0 ]
Ha! I'll be that benelovent god! *continues butchering chickens for feathers*
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't have a solid opinion. I'm just here to imagine Bandos' WTF boom lols.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
noriack
Clan Member
Clan Member
noriack

Lore with Nor': World Events I and II Empty
PostSubject: Lore with Nor': World Events I and II   Lore with Nor': World Events I and II Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 am

Hello clan folks this is Lore with Nor' coming up for another week of lore chat (or lore topic, if you prefer). Again the previous topics are still up along with their relative polls, so feel free to check those out too. Remember that I only provide the topic and poll, and that your comments would really add to the whole lore chat. With that said, if you feel uncomfortable or just not bothered about making your own comments, no pressure, feel free to just read the topic and relax.

Today's topics pick up, in chronological order, from our previous and rather dark topic of Guthix's death: the Sixth age if you will. By this I mean the other gods battling it out for various reasons between divine energy, the Stone of Jas, etc., in the form of the first two world events. Unlike in the other topics, this topic have little to no heavy spoilers to them, as the world events already sort of throw themselves in your face even if your not really ready for them (ie. not finishing Then World Wakes). Still, there may be some references to quests not completely revealed via the world events, thus caution is lightly advised.

With a light disgrace, I will start of with the first event, where Zamorak is beaten by that two-face, smurfy-looking exuse of a god Saradomin...Nah just kidding. I actually don't think that he's that wretched of a god, just there's a lot I don't agree with. If anything it's more of the followers like Zilyana that I loath. But I digress, I for one am glad that Moia (if you don't really know her, she's the hybrid human/mahjarrat daughter of Lucien who conformed to Zamorak after her ordeal with Bilrach in Daemonheim) stepped in to save the day. Zamorak's death would have been too quick, especially in the first few moments of the 6th age; and if Zamorak is to die, it shouldn't be by the hand of Saradomin in my opinion.

Of course, if you side with a specific god, any death is too quick: prime example, Bandos. That's right, the first godly death to occur since Guthix's is the big high war god's demise, slain by Armadyl during the second world event. I almost saw it unrealistic, since nobody in the right mind would just sit there as a divine projectile of DOOM comes straight towards you. But then again, Bandos is one of those guys that would rather die than to live with defeat like Zamorak. And let's be honest, his execution was hilariously spectacular...

(If you can recognize what I'm referring to, imagine this with Bando's death scene).

-Comet; Beedoooooooooooooo
-Bandos; Whaaat theee fuuuuuuuu-
>Explosion plus head decapitation<
-Bandos (supposably);Rhhhreeeuuuuuuuullllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Muuuhaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from that epic laugh though, the outcome was, too, a little disappointing. For me, it was not the tediousness of the gameplay (which they improved in the second), but it is the harshly biased outcomes of the world event, which even dictate the winner moments after it even starts. It pains me to see the simple-minded public (not you guys by the way) to automatically dismiss the "bad" guy and side with the "good" guy. The truth is that none of the gods are good (reluctantly agreeing with that annoying godless lady in the middle of the playing field whining about how the gods are ruining Gilenor). But so many people jump to the conclusion that it's simply better with this "good" god.

That is why I enjoyed the chat with that goblin at the base of Bandos' crushed head (an alter now?). He implies that in order to win, Armadyl had to be stronger and, consequently, more violent in order to defeat Bandos, proving his philosophy right. You even see Armadyl take his mace and smash his already dead head for no apparent reason that I can see. Also, the goblin goes on to thinking that Saradomin won't be too happy about this, hinting some conflict or even a battle between the two. They have both shown their violent flaws, and this is not the first time Saradomin has been against another "benelovent" god(ess). Perhaps a future event (after Marimbo vs Brassica Prime of course), there will be an event that pits these two winner-side gods together, and unlike the ones before it, there is no obvious black-or-white: It will be a hard pressed decision between two deities gone bad....A LESSER OF TWO EVILS!

I can hear Bandos' laughter ages after his death  Twisted Evil 

And that, my mates, does it for this topic. I hope you enjoyed this one, and maybe even got a laugh out of it yourselves. If you are offended, feel free to reply to my topic...I CHALLENGE YOU! If not, don't be shy to reply anyway, and also take a look at the poll.

Until next week, Cya Laterz.
Back to top Go down

Lore with Nor': World Events I and II
Page 1 of 1