Abyssal Ascension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape 3 Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Road to 99 Divination

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kodd1000
Kodd1000

Road to 99 Divination Empty
PostSubject: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 am

Hi guys,

I decided I was quite intrigued by the forums as I have never used such. Therefore, I would like to make a quick guide to test out how these work and see if it actually works out. All that being said, I chose Divination as the topic of interest. I will just be giving the guide on what it is, where it is located, and what to do. Here we go.

So first off, what is Divination? Well, it is a skill that has originated from the quest "The World Wakes". I believe that if you are going to work on a skill, it is best to know why you are working on it, so therefore I am going to spoil what happens in the quest. There is much more to it than just this, but basically, Guthix dies and the Edicts are broken. This is how the World Events and Divination come about. Getting back on topic, with Guthix dead and gone, his fragments of himself still exist. They are floating around the land of Runescape and need help to be gathered by players. In the skill of Divination, players are to collect memories and energy and to return it to the balance of Guthix. This will reward the player with experience, thus levelling them up and coming closer to 99.

Divination is a very easy system to get down, so there is not much to say about it. The fastest way to level up is to use the energy along with the memories when you return them to the balance. On the other hand, if you collect ALL of the energy you will gain over the time of your training, you can make quite a profit, but the skill will become consequently slower.

To begin your journey on Divination, you must head over to Draynor Village. Just south-east of Draynor Village, you will find the Divination tutor who you must talk to and begin the skill with. After that, head right over to the first area a bit west of the tutor and begin your Divination. You simply click on the balls and gather memories from them. Once collected in a full inventory, head over to the hole in the ground, where you are to return the memories. This will be the process of which you begin for a long time in the coming.

With all this good information being stated, I believe all that is left is the road-guide to 99. After about every ten levels earlier and every five levels later, you unlock a new area of collection that you can train Divination on. The following locations and levels below are the required elements that are needed to access the area. Heading to your highest-leveled area will be the best way to continue levelling Divination.

Level 1 - Pale Wisps - West of the Divination tutor located south-east of Draynor.

Level 10 - Flickering Wisps - North of Falador along the wall, also east of the Falador Lodestone.

Level 20 - Bright Wisps - Located between the East gate of Varrock and the Dig Site. It is past the beyond the fence, so you will have to go South or North in order to go around it.

Level 30 - Glowing Wisps - South of the Seers' Village Bank and visible from the Flax field.

Level 40 - Sparkling Wisps - Located a bit of a way south-east of Relleka. It borders right outside of the Golden Apple Tree.

Level 50 - Gleaming Wisps - Jungles of Karamja, just a bit east or south-east of the special mahogany and teak trees.

Level 60 - Vibrant Wisps - Just north of Mobilising Armies, visible right outside the entrance.

Level 70 - Lustrous Wisps - Located a bit north-west of the Canifis Lodestone. If you reach the Slayer Tower, it is found along the east border of the building.

Level 80 - Brilliant Wisps - East of the Mage Training Arena. Access can be gained to the North.

Level 85 - Radiant Wisps - Dragontooth Island. This island can be reached by taking a boat from Port Phasmatys for free.

Level 90 - Luminous Wisps - Located South of Sophanem. It is very far out in the desert, so you will need something to deal with the heat. Waterskins will work, though someone who can access an enchanted water tiara will be able to just store water runes in it and wear it, thus freeing space.

Level 95 - Incandescent Wisps - South of the Poison Waste. Access can be gained from the east, near Castle Wars.

That's it! A simple process of going from area and area to collect and turn in fragments. It is not that hard and you can easily make a profit in the process. There are also a bunch of different rewards that you can create from this skill that can be very helpful, but as this is a road to 99 guide, I will leave that for another post. I hope you guys enjoy and give me a little feedback on my first forum post.

EDIT 2-11-14 Fellow tip Credited to Arcalch:
"At 0:00 UTC, daily caps for divine locations reset. At World 2 Burthorpe bank at that time is usually a feeding frenzy of people dropping their locations and gathering from them. This is the time to place divine locations, as you'll get a lot of noted resources. Ores mithril and up can make a lot of cash."

-Kodd1000 Smile

Last edited by Kodd1000 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowPhil91
Admin
Admin
ShadowPhil91

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am

Thank you Kodd1000 im using this now :p
Back to top Go down
Kodd1000
Kodd1000

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:16 am

It's always nice to see the work pay off. Smile
Back to top Go down
ShadowPhil91
Admin
Admin
ShadowPhil91

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 am

Kodd1000 wrote:
It's always nice to see the work pay off. Smile

Only 90 more levels to go Wink
Back to top Go down
Arcalch
Clan Recruit
Clan Recruit
Arcalch

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:16 am

At 0:00 UTC, daily caps for divine locations reset. At World 2 Burthorpe bank at that time is usually a feeding frenzy of people dropping their locations and gathering from them. This is the time to place divine locations, as you'll get a lot of noted resources. Ores mithril and up can make a lot of cash.
Back to top Go down
ShadowPhil91
Admin
Admin
ShadowPhil91

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:16 am

Arcalch wrote:
At 0:00 UTC, daily caps for divine locations reset. At World 2 Burthorpe bank at that time is usually a feeding frenzy of people dropping their locations and gathering from them. This is the time to place divine locations, as you'll get a lot of noted resources. Ores mithril and up can make a lot of cash.

Kodd1000 i suggest you add. what Arcalch has said to your Guide - Obviously Crediting Arcalch
Back to top Go down
Kodd1000
Kodd1000

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank you Arcalch for giving me that helpful piece of advice. This is a good example that people should follow. I was making a guide based off of my info, therefore any helpful tips from others is always good so I can include it in the original guide, so they don't have to scroll through comments and pick it out.

Thanks for pointing that out, it has now been added to the original post and you have been credited.

Back to top Go down
Arcalch
Clan Recruit
Clan Recruit
Arcalch

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 am

-When converting memories and energy to exp, if you run out of energy it automagically switches to converting just memories to exp. Quite useful. This should be your standard training method.

-If you want the fastest exp, buy energy and convert memories and energy to exp. It's costly, though. Individual energies are cheap, but you need a TON for the later levels.

-Get dat boon! Each one gives a 10% exp boost for its tier of energy.
If you want to simplify things, get enough energy to make it, then store it in a bank and keep divining, using whatever energy is in your inventory. Once you hit the required level you won't have to get more energy.

-Making signs/portents/transmuting aren't good exp and are usually not that profitable or not profitable at all.

-If you convert memories to energy, and then convert memories and energy to exp using that energy, your exp rate is actually lower than the normal method.

-If you want to make a bit of money convert memories to exp and sell your spare energy. You won't make much money, though.

-...which brings me to my next point. Divination's artisan skill, Inventing, hasn't been released yet. Earlier, energy prices were higher due to people buying in anticipation of Inventing. However, since it's been postponed in favor of the elven city, their prices have for the most part dropped.

-When inventing gets released, we can most likely expect energy prices to increase due to supply and demand. Thus, it would most likely be more profitable to stockpile.

-"Pull out a gat and bust a cap." Means "Getting out a Gatorade and letting somebody else drink it."

-One of these point is false.

Last edited by Arcalch on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A bit of rewording)
Back to top Go down
Kodd1000
Kodd1000

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Thank you Arcalch for the feedback. It will be added to my guide later tomorrow and you will be credited with the findings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road to 99 Divination   Road to 99 Divination Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Road to 99 Divination
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Abyssal Ascension :: Guides and FAQs :: Skilling Guides-
Jump to: